I am a third year PhD student at the University of Edinburgh in School of Informatics working under supervision of Dr. Boris Grot . My research interestes lie in the field of Computer Architecture and I am affiliated with two groups - ICSA & CArD.
I am interested in challenging problems in the space of cache/memory hierarchy. At present, I am working on designing efficient cache management techniques for applications with varied characteristics that cover general purpose single-core and multi-core applications, multi-threaded scale-out server applications and modern graph analytics applications.
My research interests span various aspects of system designs. In my career, I have worked on various projects that include microarchitecture enhancements, simulator design & implementation, workload characterization for bottleneck analysis, debugging performance issues on real hardware, programming parallel softwares, accelerating applications using GPU via OpenCL/CUDA etc.
Leeway: Addressing Variability in Dead-Block Prediction for Last-Level Caches [PACT'17] [Acceptance Rate: 23%]In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, September 2017.
In 2nd International Workshop on Cache Replacement Championship, co-located with ISCA, June 2017.
In 13th International Workshop on Duplicating, Deconstructing and Debunking, co-located with ISCA, June 2016.
U.S. Patent: 20180129613, Assignee: Oracle International Corporation, Issued: May 10, 2018
U.S. Patent: 20160004570, Assignee: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Issued: January 7, 2016
Challenges in Scaling Up Graph AnalyticsAt 3rd Annual UK System Research Challenges Workshop, March 2018.
Oracle ERO Award: Efficient Scale-Up Graph Processing on Future Memory SystemsCo-authored the grant proposal; PI: Boris Grot; Award: $76,000; Year: 2017
Samsung R & D Institute, Bangalore - IndiaLead Engineer July 2013 - August 2014
Intel Corporation, Bangalore - IndiaGraphics Hardware Engineer May 2011 - July 2013
Google Inc, Bangalore - IndiaSoftware Engineer July 2010 - March 2011
Oracle Labs, Austin - U.S.A.Research Assistant May 2016 - September 2016
Tata Consultancy Services, Gandhinagar - IndiaSoftware Engineer January 2008 - April 2008
Awards & Recognitions
- Received School of Informatics PhD Scholarship
- Received Academic Excellence Award at IIT Kanpur for the year 2008-09
- Topper of the M.Tech. batch 2008-10, IIT Kanpur
- All India Rank 440 and 263 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2007 and 2008 respectively
Academic & Professional Activities
- Web co-chair of the 45th International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA 2018)
- Teaching Assistant for the course of Parallel Architectures at University of Edinburgh
- Tutor for the course of Computer Architecture at University of Edinburgh
- Teaching Assistant for the course of Introduction to Computer Systems at University of Edinburgh
- Tutor for the course of Introduction to Computer Systems at University of Edinburgh
- Tutor for the course of Fundamentals of Computing at IIT Kanpur
- Teaching Assistant for the course of Fundamentals of Computing at IIT Kanpur
- Teaching Assistant for the course of Operating Systems at IIT Kanpur